Terms & Conditions
IMPORTANT LEGAL NOTICE
ATTENTION: This legal notice applies to the entire contents of the website under the domain names [www.ulstercarpets.com and www.ulstercarpets.co.uk] and to any correspondance by email between us and you. Please read these terms carefully before using the website. Using the website indicates that you accept these terms [regardless of whether or not you choose to register with us]. If you do not accept these terms, do not use the website. This notice is issued by Ulster Carpets (Holdings) Limited.
1.1 You may access most areas of the website without registering your details with us. Certain areas of the website are only open to you if you register.
1.2 By accessing any part of the website, you shall be deemed to have accepted this legal notice in full. If you do not accept this legal notice in full, you must leave the website immediately.
1.3 The company may revise this legal notice at any time by updating this posting. You should check the Website from time to time to review the then current legal notice, because it is binding on you. Certain provisions of this legal notice may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at the website.
2.1 If you wish to print or download extracts (images, graphics, documents) from the website for your own use you must contact the company before doing so. By not doing so, you are infringing the company’s copyright and could incur legal action.
2.2 Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on the website ( including without limitation photographs and graphical images) are owned by the company or its licensors. For the purposes of this legal notice, any use of extracts from the website other than in accordance with clause 2.1 for any purpose is prohibited. If you breach any of the terms in this legal notice, your permission to use the website automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed extracts from the website.
2.3 Subject to clause 2.1, no part of the website may be reproduced or stored in any other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without the company’s prior written permission.
2.4 Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
3. Service Access
3.1 While the company endeavours to ensure that the website is normally available 24 hours a day, the company shall not be liable if for any reason the website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
3.2 Access to the website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for any reasons beyond the company’s control.
4. Visitor Material and Conduct
4.2 You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from the website any material:
(a) that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience; or
(b) for which you have not obtained all necessary licenses and/or approvals; or
(c) which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a crimonal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in any country in the world; or
(d) which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data).
4.3 You may not misuse the website (including, without limitation, by hacking).
4.4 The company shall fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing the company to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material in breach of clause 4.2 or clause 4.3.
5. Links to and from Other Websites
5.1 Links to third party websites on the website are provided solely for you convenience. If you use these links, you leave the website. The company has not reviewed all of these third party websites and does not control and is not responsible for these websites or their content or availability. The company therefore does not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to the website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
5.2 Only once you have gained permission from the company, may you create links to the website and if you do link to the website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to the website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, the home page of the website, and subject to the following conditions:
(a) you do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of the Ulster Carpets logo;
(b) you do not create a frame or any other browser or border environment around the website;
(c) you do not in any way imply that the company is endorsing any products or services other than its own;
(d) you do not misrepresent your relationship with the company nor present any other false information about the company;
(e) you do not otherwise use any Ulster Carpets trade marks displayed on the website without express written permission from the company;
(f) you do not link from a website that is not owned by you; and
(g) your website does not contain content that is distasteful, offensive or controversial, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
5.3 The company expressly reserves the right to revoke the right granted in clause 5.2 for breach of these terms and to take any action it deems appropriate.
5.4 You shall indemnify the company for any loss or damage suffered by the company or any of its group companies for breach of clause 5.2.
6.1 For certain sections of the site the user requires a username and password. Each registration is for a single user only. The company does not permit you to share your username and password with any other person nor with multiple users on a network.
6.2 Responsibility for the security of any passwords issued rests with you.
7.1 The company, any other party (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering the website) and any of the company’s group companies and the officers, directors, employees, shareholders or agents of any of them, exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise) in connection with the website in any way or in connection with the use, inability to use or the results of use of the website, any websites linked to the website or the material on such websites, including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing the website or your downloading of any material from the website or any websites linked to the website.
7.2 Nothing in this legal notice shall exclude or limit the company’s liability for:
(a) death or personal injury caused by negligence (as such term is defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act); or
(b) fraud; or
(c) misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter; or
(d) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
7.3 If your use of material on the website results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment, software or data, you assume all costs thereof.
8. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This legal notice shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of Northern Ireland. Disputes arising in connection with this legal notice shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Northern Ireland.
1.1 While the company endeavours to ensure that the information on the website is correct, the company does not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on the website. The company may make changes to the material on the website or to the products described in it at any time without notice. The material on the website may be out of date and the company makes no commitment to update such material.
1.2 While every effort is made to achieve accurate online colour reproduction of products, screen calibration variances will only give a general indication of colour and do not necessarily show the complete design. Selection of products should be made from actual samples. The policy of the company is one of continuous development and improvement and the right is reserved to add or delete from the range or to change patterns without prior notification.
1.3 The material on the website is provided ‘as is’, without any conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, the company provides you with the website on the basis that the company excludes all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill) which, but for this legal notice, might have effect in relation to the website.
Ulster Carpets (Holdings) Limited are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Ulster Carpets (Holdings) Limited of Castleisland Factory, Portadown, Co Armagh, BT62 1EE.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
(1) Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site [www.ulstercarpets.com and www.ulstercarpets.co.uk]. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
(2) If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondance.
(3) We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
(4) Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of you orders.
(5) Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, weather this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers (if any). This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet useage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
(1) To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
(2) To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
(3) To speed up your searches.
(4) To recognise you when you return to our site.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not ot share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses Made Of The Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
(1) To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and you computer.
(2) To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
(3) To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
(4) To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
(5) To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use you data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to do this.
If you do not want us to your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
Disclosure Of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in article 4 of the Companies (Northern Ireland) Order 1986.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
(1) In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose you personal data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets.
(2) If Ulster Carpets (Holdings) Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting you data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Castleisland Factory, Craigavon, Co. Armagh, BT62 1EE or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
Issue Date: May 2008
Facebook Competition terms and conditions – June 2017
These are the rules which apply to your participation in our Facebook Competition. By submitting your entry you agree to be bound by these rules. If you do not agree, please do not submit your entry.
1. The promoter of the competition is Ulster Carpets Mills (Holding) Ltd (‘Ulster Carpets’) whose registered office is at Castleisland Factory, Portadown, Craigavon, Co. Armagh BT62 1EE. The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook. You are providing your information to Ulster Carpets and not to any other party.
2. The competition is open to UK residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees of Ulster Carpets and their close relatives, or any person or company associated with Ulster Carpets.
3. To enter the prize draw you should ‘like’ Ulster Carpet’s Facebook Page, ‘Share’ the competition post and ‘Tag’ some one in the comments below the competition post.
4. The prize is a one year subscription to Homes & Gardens magazine and an assortment of picnic ware from John Lewis.
5. The winner will be chosen at random from all qualifying entries. The result is final and no correspondence will be entered into concerning the outcome.
6. The competition will run from the 15th June 2017 and entry will close on Thursday 29th June 2017. Late, invalid or incomplete entries will not be considered. Only one entry will be accepted per person. Duplicate entries from the same person will be disqualified.
7. The prize is for one winner only.
8. The prize is non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
9. The winner will be notified via a Facebook private message within two weeks of the closing date. In order to claim the prize the winner must reply to the notification message with their postal address in order to avail of the courtesy delivery of their prize and the magazine subscription.
10. Please ensure your privacy settings on Facebook allow us to message you. If the winner’s privacy settings are such that means we are unable to make contact with them through the Facebook messaging system, we reserve the right to offer the prize to another randomly selected entrant.
11. If the winner does not respond within 10 days of our Facebook notification, we reserve the right to offer the prize to another randomly selected entrant.
12. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material.
13. We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions or to cancel, alter or amend the draw or the prize due to any circumstances that arise beyond our control.
14. The prize draw is subject to the laws of Northern Ireland.